Thunderstruck II is the sequel to one of the most popular slots machines to date. The original was released in 2004, and the second edition received quite a lot of hype when released in 2010 by Microgaming. Much to the satisfaction of fans everywhere, Thunderstruck II exceeded expectations.
Introduced in May of that same year, it has remained a top pick ever since. Based heavily on Norse mythology, Thunderstruck II is a fast-paced adventure slots that delivers exciting features and constant action. Canadian punters particularly love the in-depth detailing of the game, as well as the fast pace for quicker turnaround.
How to Play
Thunderstruck II takes you on a thrilling adventure soaring with gods of every flavor. Mischievous Loki, heroic Thor, tempestuous Valkyrie and sagacious Odin fill five reels in magnificent Norse glory. Here are some details:
- 243 pay lines are constantly active. You decide how many coins to bet and how much they’re worth.
- Coin size ranges from .01-.05, and you can bet up to 10 coins per spin. Toggle through the range using the plus/minus signs at the base of the screen.
- The max bet is 300 coins per spin. Use the Max Bet button to easily choose this option.
- Click on Expert at the bottom of the screen to choose auto-spin options.
- Thunderstruck II has a wild and scatter symbol that will help increase your chances of winning respectively. The standard symbols include the high playing cards, the four Norse gods, a ship and the rainbow bridge leading to Asgard, home of the gods.
There is no progressive jackpot, but with 243 paylines, punters have the ability to win up to 2.4 million coins on a spin! It’s fairly easy to trigger the bonus rounds, which is a good place to rack up a very hefty sum. The game’s overall volatility is low, so you can appreciate winning something with consistency.
Thunderstruck II is available in mobile version on both iOS and Android devices. All graphics, effects and bonus features are kept in the mobile version, something unusual for slots machines. Canadians on the go will enjoy the superior quality and action in this game.
Thunderstruck II has some of the most in-depth and lucrative special features in the industry.
- Wild Storm Feature: At random, up to five reels can be turned into wild symbols for a colossal win.
- The wild symbol is the game’s logo and it doubles wins when completing a set.
- Thor’s hammer is the scatter symbol. Score three, four or five of these to unlock the Great Hall of Spins. The more you enter the hall, the more secret levels are unlocked. Each god delivers its own bonus feature and the background, effects and music change with each one. Valkyrie brings 10 free spins with a 5x multiplier and is available from the first level. Loki awards 15 freebies with the Wild Magic feature. Odin gives you 20 free spins and random Raven Multipliers. Finally, Thor appears on the 15th level with 25 free spins and rolling reels that create consecutive wins with up to 5x multipliers. In terms of frequency and profit, we won close to 16k coins from one bonus round, so we found this feature to be highly lucrative and enjoyable.
Graphics and Sounds
Bolts of lightning, crashes of thunder and a clash of mystique and excitement set the stage for Thunderstruck II. The colour scheme is an icy blue and silver tone, the reels rimmed with Nordic patterns, and images coordinate to this same effect. The Guns N’ Roses-esque music with a hint of Sting completes the ambiance with a sense of adventure and heroic urgency. A rather discordant classic slots sound effect chimes whenever a spin is completed, but the thunderstorms and dramatic music of the wins drowns it out nicely.
Thunderstruck II is without a doubt one of the most exciting slots machines you can play. The bonus features are frequent and generous, the graphics are superb and the entire game is incredibly well done. Two thumbs way up.