Iron Man 2
Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 video slot games have been discontinued and are no longer available to play. For other great alternatives, check out our online slot games page.
Released in February 2011, Playtech’s Iron Man 2 is an online progressive jackpot slot based on the 2010 film of the same name starring Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke. Part of Playtech’s Marvel Multi-Level Mystery Progressive Jackpot Network (which also includes titles like X-Men, Wolverine and Captain America), the game features four levels of randomly awarded progressive jackpot, as well as a free spin bonus feature, scatter, wild and stacked symbols, and has an average RTP of 95.98%. Along with the potential of a jackpot prize worth millions of dollars, the game also offers large payouts during base play.
Pros and cons
- Potentially huge progressive jackpot payout
- Fee spin bonus round with increasing multiplier
- graphics look slightly dated compared to more recent games
- Softare Providers:
- Reels: 5
- # Paylines : 50
- Slot type : Video Slot
- Jackpot type : Progressive jackpot
- Bonus Feature : yes
- Scatter : Yes
- Free Spins : Yes
- Min/Max Bet: $$0.50 - $$500
- Available on mobile:
How to play
Iron Man 2 – is a 5 reel, 50 payline progressive jackpot online slot where all 50 lines are automatically in play on every spin. Players have a choice of six coin sizes – 0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, 0.50, $1.00 – and between 1 – 10 coins can be played per line, meaning the max bet ranges in size from $5 – $500 (although the game can be played for as little as 0.50 per spin). All wins pay left to right, except for scatter wins which pay anywhere on the reels, with wins being multiples of the line bet (apart from scatter wins, which are multiplied by the total bet).
- H.I.E.L.D. symbol is wild and substitutes for all other symbols except the scatter
- Iron Man 2 logo symbol is the scatter
- hitting 3x, 4x or 5x scatter symbols anywhere on the reels triggers the 10x free spin bonus feature
- the six different Iron Man character symbols are always stacked, taking up two places on the reels
- access to the progressive jackpot bonus feature is randomly triggered
- 5x S.H.I.E.L.D. wild symbols = 3000x line bet (up to $30,000)
- 4x S.H.I.E.L.D. wild symbols = 1000x line bet (up to $10,000)
- 5x Iron Man 2 logo scatter symbols = 100x total bet (up to $50,000)
- 5x Tony Stark symbols = 1000x line bet (up to $10,000)
- 5x Natasha Romanoff symbols = 600x line bet (up to $6,000)
- 5x Ivan Vanko symbols = 400x line bet (up to $4,000)
Free spins bonus feature
Free spin bonus – Triggered by hitting 3x, 4x or 5x scatter symbols anywhere on the reels, the 10x free spins bonus round includes the increasing multiplier feature. The bonus round begins with a 2x multiplier in play, and this increases 1x after every 2 spins, so that by free spins 9 and 10, the multiplier has reached 6x. In addition, the S.H.I.E.L.D. wild symbol remains in play in the middle of reel three and acts as an additional wild throughout, substituting for all other symbols except the scatter. Additional free spins can’t be triggered during the bonus round.
Access to the progressive jackpot feature is randomly triggered, but the higher the bet, the greater the chance of it being activated.
Four levels of the progressive jackpot – each has a minimum starting point, although there is no limit as to how high each can become before it’s won – Power ($50), Extra Power ($500), Super Power ($5,000), Ultimate Power ($100,000). The biggest win to date on Iron Man 2 is USD$1,365,801 in October 2011, with the average Ultimate Power jackpot win being USD$699,693. The most recent jackpot win was USD$850,726 in September 2016.
How to play – When the progressive jackpot feature is triggered, players are taken to a separate screen where they are presented with a gird consisting of 20 squares, each of which conceals one of the four progressive jackpot symbols. Players select squares one at a time until they reveal three matching symbols, and this then indicates which of the four jackpots they have won (the value of each jackpot appears in a counter at the top of the screen and updates in real time).
Other sizeable jackpots are available during the free spin bonus feature where wins can be multiplied by up to 6x. The largest payout during the bonus feature is a maximum of $180,000 for hitting 5x S.H.I.E.L.D. wild symbols when the 6x multiplier is in play when betting the maximum coin size and number. The biggest jackpot during base play is $30,000, again for hitting 5x S.H.I.E.L.D. wild symbols when betting the max.
- four-level randomly triggered progressive jackpot
- 10x free spin bonus round with increasing multiplier
- scatter symbol which pays anywhere on the reels
- wild symbol, which substitutes for all other symbols (bar the scatter) and becomes a fixed, additional wild during the free spin bonus round
- stacked symbols
- fast play and auto play modes
Produced by Playtech, this means that Iron Man 2 is available in a mobile-optimised version suitable for play on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets at our recommended mobile casinos.
Graphics and Sounds
Iron Man 2 manages successfully to recreate much of the look and feel of the film on which its based, with symbols featuring the main characters and the overall design reflecting the movie’s themes. However, the game is showing its age a little in that the visuals are not as dynamic as those in more recently released slots, although the character symbols are bright and well drawn and they animate in a lively way on winning spins. The sound effects during base play are a little disappointingly generic, but there is more energetic music on some winning spins, while the driving guitar music during the free spins feature is a highlight.
The progressive jackpot and free spin bonus round are undoubtedly the highlights of Iron Man 2, as it means players are always in the running for significant payouts, especially when the largest win during base play is also huge. While the game looks and sounds a little dated, the gameplay is rapid and the use of six different stacked symbols certainly gives it a slightly unusual look as well. Overall, a game for those who have the patience for high volatility gaming action with its potential for truly enormous rewards.