Avalon II comes fresh on the heels of the original blockbuster hit from Microgaming. Released in 2014, it tells the tale of honour, glory and the battle between good and evil. The storyline is heart-warming with just enough excitement to round it out. The real show-stopper for these reels, though, is the 8-tiered bonus. Eight separate levels are assigned where players enjoy a wide range of prizes and entertaining quests.
Visit one of these five-star online casinos to find Avalon II slots and hundreds of other games you’ll love, and let the adventure begin!
How to Play
Avalon II is a five-reel, 243 payline machine. This means you don’t choose which paylines to turn on, they’re all active constantly. So many paylines give you a tremendous advantage to make more winning combinations (the goal of the game). Coin size ranges from .01-.05, and you can place a maximum wager of 7.50 per spin.
The reel symbols include:
- A scatter that randomly appears, awarding prizes for just two at a time
- A wild card that stands in for other symbols to create a match
- Standard high level card symbols from 9-Ace, as well as King Arthur, Guinevere, Merlin and Morgan
In-house jackpot winnings can add up to 120,000 coins if you play your reels correctly. You’ll need to bet the max, and hope for the highest multiplier on the Holy Grail bonus round. There’s no set time when this will occur as the symbols are randomly generated. Avalon II is considered a medium variance slots machine since wins come with moderate frequency.
There are eight colossal bonus features; that’s more action than some of you punters will see for months! The Grail Bonus round has the following features:
- The Lake of Legend tasks you with assembling pieces of an Excalibur puzzle by rolling the dice for 15 times your earnings.
- The next bonus feature is Misty Vale, and you can receive 15 free spins and extra wild features.
- Enter the Whispering Woods to choose from five shields from the mystical white knight. Shields contain multipliers ranging from 10-160!
- The Forest Falls bonus gives you 20 freebies with trailing wilds that stick around for the next spin, too.
- In the Dusky Moors, you have to match two helms to win multipliers, and each miss brings greater rewards.
- Morgan’s Keep is home to 20 free spins and rolling reels that add up to 6x multipliers if you’re lucky.
- In the Hall of Shadows you have to defeat the black knight to recover the grail for cash prizes.
- At last, the Isles of Avalon contains the Wheel of Avalon. Give it a spin to find out what prizes await you at the end.
Beyond the Grail Bonus, there’s more to enjoy in the base game:
- The Holy Grail is the scatter symbol and pays handsomely; 3+ trigger the Holy Grail bonus round.
- The wild symbol is the game logo.
- Merlin will gift you with multipliers from 4x to 20x on non-wins and double or quadruple the winning spins.
- The Lady of the Lake expanding wild features on the middle reel.
Graphics and Sounds
Avalon II has everything that a proper medieval theme should. From daring knights to dastardly villains, true love and a bit of magic, fans of the genre will devour this delightful tale. The backdrop is a moon-bathed clearing with trees flanking the sides. Fairies, spirits and fireflies also occupy the scene. The reels themselves are transparent (a nice effect), so you can see the vine-covered arches and pillars behind the symbols with the 3-D graphics of the main characters bringing the whole experience to life as well.
The music is a natural continuum of sombre, dramatic and romanticism, creating an atmosphere that is on key with the rest of the theme. Icons flash and sometimes come to life when involved in a win, and suspenseful music plays as the reels spin when two scatter symbols appear. Bonus rounds are played out on a leafy expanse, and the detailing is tame gothic.
Avalon II is well done both graphically, thematically and feature-wise. Anyone who could use a bit of adventure in their life will enjoy this playful addition to the roster.