The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) has just released its strategy for improving the way it regulates the gambling market in the UK. The commission has unveiled a three-year plan where it will focus on five key priority areas.
Who is the UKGC?
The UKGC is one of the biggest online gambling authorities in the world and a public body of the United Kingdom government, regulating many prominent brands that serve the Canadian market. Its aim is to ensure transparency in the gambling industry, activities are conducted openly, and to protect consumers, both online and offline.
What are the priority areas that the UKGC will focus on in the future?
The recently revealed strategy of the UKGC will target five key areas of the gambling market to make improvements on:
- Player protection: All players will be better protected including ensuring that all games on the market are safe and secure to play with.
- Vulnerable players: Players with a gambling addiction problem will receive better assistance through education and tools provided by operators to help their customers better manage their gambling behaviours, raising responsible gaming
- Better industry standards: The UKGC wants operators to raise their standards in providing a good customer experience, especially in resolving complaints and disputes.
- Lottery returns optimisation: The commission aims to better use returns from lotteries to invest in good causes like charities and addiction funds.
- Improving UKGC’s own operations: The commission also wants to turn inwards and to increase its own standards by helping operators comply with legislations and providing better consultation services.
Who are the operators serving the Canadian market and regulated by the UKGC?
With such a responsible and influential commission body like the UKGC controlling the market, you know you’re in safe hands when you play at any UKGC approved site. So head over to Casino.com or 888Casino and play with peace of mind!