Online Bingo has been around since 1994 and today there are many variations of the game available. It is much like the traditional bingo hall game, but with huge modern-day benefits. The most obvious bonus to playing online bingo is that you can play from home, at a time that is convenient for you.
Rules of Online Bingo
Rule number 1 for playing bingo online is that you need to create an online playing account to win money. Many online bingo sites offer a no deposit bonus when you set up your online account, so you can enjoy bingo for free just by signing up.
Once you have selected your bingo site and registered, it’s time to choose your specific game room and buy tickets or cards. The more cards you hold the greater your chance of getting a match.
The objective of online bingo is to get a match to the pattern for that particular game. Each card has its own unique set of numbers in a grid and numbers are drawn randomly by the system’s Random Number Generator (RNG). If you get an exact match to the pattern, you’ve hit Bingo! The computer will alert you of your win and pay out your prize.
In a traditional bingo hall, speed and concentration is key. You need to listen carefully to the numbers drawn and mark them off on your bingo cards.
How to Play Online Bingo
If you’re wondering how to play bingo online, it’s actually a whole lot easier as generally the computer daubs your card for you automatically. In some games you can opt to do this yourself if you want to be more involved in the gameplay.
Different bingo rooms offer different bingo games, for example 75 ball, 80 ball or 90 ball.
- 75 Ball Bingo – Each card has 24 numbers, which are arranged in a square. The middle has a star and is the ‘free square’. The aim is to either complete lines or to match a pre-determined pattern, depending on the specific game being played.
- 80 Ball Bingo – This variation has 16 numbers, also in a square arrangement. In this game, you can win various prizes for completing specific lines.
- 90 Ball Bingo – Each card has 15 numbers in total, spread over 3 rows. Prizes are awarded for matching 1 line, 2 lines or for completing a full house.
Odds of Winning Online Bingo
Fixed odds game– Each card played in a game of online bingo has an equal chance of winning, and there is one prize to be won per game which makes it a game with fixed odds. The odds depend on how many cards are being played, for example, in a game with 100 cards purchased, the winning odds per card is 1 in 100.
Bingo strategy– Since each card holds an equal winning chance, the best strategy to increase your odds of winning is to purchase more cards.
5 Best Tips to Win at Online Bingo
- Buy more cards – As mentioned above, the more cards you hold, the greater your odds of winning.
- Play off-peak – More players in a bingo game means a larger prize, but the downside is that each card has lower odds of winning. A good strategy to employ would be to play at off-peak times. Even though the prize will be smaller, you will have a greater chance of winning.
- Play frequently – Instead of putting all your eggs into one bingo basket, spread them out over multiple games. It’s advisable to play more games more often, spending less money in each game as lots of small wins can add up to a tidy sum.
- Be on the lookout for bonuses – Many online bingo sites offer appealing bonuses to new registrants. An upfront cash infusion will help you buy more cards and up your winning odds!
- Participate in the bingo community – Online bingo may not be in a bustling bingo hall, but there is still a live-and-kicking social aspect to the game. The online bingo community is full of all sorts of valuable information and tips from experienced bingo players. It is recommended to get involved in the chatrooms because you never know what useful tidbits you’ll learn about games, prizes, and bonuses.
Mobile Bingo Options
Mobile Bingo is one of the fastest growing mobile gaming segments. It’s available on both Android and iOS devices and you have two options when playing bingo on your mobile device:
- Download the app – You can download mobile bingo apps from your device’s app store. You would then create a playing account, make a deposit, and start playing directly through the app.
- Play through the mobile casinos site – The other option is to access an online bingo site through your mobile browser. This playing option is not as convenient as accessing the game through an app, however you could create a shortcut for this mobile casino on your mobile home screen.
Online Bingo Playing Options
There are two ways to play online bingo:
- Automated – Your entire game could run automatically while you kick back and relax. The system will select your cards for you, daub your numbers, shout out ‘Bingo!’ on your behalf and collect your winnings for you.
- Manual – If you like the fun of the game, then you can take the more manual approach. You can daub your own numbers and hit that Bingo button yourself. But remember that speed and concentration is paramount to win!
Free Bingo games – If you’re not quite ready to start playing for real cash, then enjoy one of the many free games available online. Playing for fun will help you learn the gist of gameplay, and you’ll quickly be ready, willing, and able to start earning real money prizes.
Get chatting – The online bingo hall is alive with chat. Join in the conversations in the chatroom; make connections, get bingo tips, and become a part of the thriving online bingo community.
Start Playing Online Bingo Today
Gone is the perception of bingo being a game for little old ladies. Online bingo has changed the face of the game, bringing this timeless classic into everyone’s homes, young and old. Online bingo sites are aplenty but the trick is to play at the most reputable sites. We’re here to guide you to the top online bingo sites, including firm favourites such as Betway Bingo and Bet365 Bingo.