Online baccarat is all sorts of wonderful, combining the randomness of roulette with the appeal of a deck of cards for one colossal, medium-speed gambling frenzy. The main selling point of this game is arguably the fact that James Bond played it in several of his movies, but the low house edge and lack of learning curve are also attractive features. Canadian punters will appreciate that you can make your wager, and then watch the game played out before you. With better odds than the slots available online, baccarat can quickly become your new favourite play.
Ready to test drive the newest way to have fun gambling online? Head straight for one of our gold medal online casinos, and find the best baccarat game online anywhere today:
Rules of Baccarat
The beauty of online baccarat is that it is so easy to learn. A veteran casino goer can sit down at a table and pick up the gist within minutes. If you want to learn the slight nuances, though, of how to play baccarat online, then read on to find all the instructions you’ll need for an evening of fun and entertainment.
- There are two hands to every baccarat game online, the Player and the Banker.
- As the Player, you are able to place wagers on either of these two hands as the winning hand, and both hands are actually arbitrarily dealt, meaning there’s no connection between the hands and you or the casino itself.
- Unlike another popular card game, blackjack, there is no such thing as going bust in baccarat. This is because of the way the points are tallied. Rather than adding up all the numbers in the hand and using that as the total, the numbers are added up, and then the first digit is dropped.
- Here is an example: If one hand is dealt a 6 and a 9, the total of the hand would be 15, but the actual value of the hand would only be 5 (because the first digit, the 1, was dropped.)
- Face cards never hold any value, and aces will be scored as 1.
- The hand with the highest value after being dealt wins.
- When the Player’s hand equals five or less, a third card is dealt to this hand.
- The Banker draws a third card if:
- His hand values 3 or less
- His hand values 4 and the Player’s third card is 2-7
- His hand values 5 and the Player’s third card is 4-7
- His hand values 6 and the Player’s third card is 6 or 7
- The other type of bet you can take out is a Tie bet. This wager comes with whopping 14.4% odds, though, so you are taking a big risk on this one.
Odds in Baccarat
Online baccarat holds a 1.06% house edge. This is a relatively good house edge compared to other games like roulette and the infamous, but somehow ever-popular, slot machines. If you like playing low-stakes or low risk games, this is one of the better ones to opt for.
While we do have a more in-depth look if you want to strategize while you play baccarat online, the simple truth is that there isn’t much strategizing necessary. The game is played purely on luck, and so the only planning involved is how much you will bet, when and how often. That being said, with any visit to an online casino, you can maximize both the entertainment and the monetary value that you glean from playing by following some of these basic tips and rules of fun below.
Top 10 Baccarat Tips
- Always bet on the banker. While the game may be random, the odds are not. The odds of the Banker winning are 1.06%, but the odds of the Player winning are higher, 1.24%.
- Avoid Tie bets. They’re appealing because of the tremendous payouts that you can reap, but the odds are so astronomical (as mentioned above), you are better off playing a more entertaining option for those kinds of numbers.
- If you don’t have the bankroll to fuel a long night of random online baccarat play, then opt for the cheaper, Instant Play, option. This allows you to have all the fun of baccarat online without the costly price tag. The winnings won’t be yours to take home, but neither will the losses.
- Like counting cards? Well don’t bother when it comes to baccarat online. Remember, these games are dealt by a computer, so the decks are automatically shuffled after each round and therefore, counting cards is impossible.
- While we are in the mode of breaking fallacies, spotting trends is another method of strategy that you can forgo in the online baccarat Since this is a randomly generated outcome game, there is no way for you to determine any patterns (because there are none). As if you were flipping a coin, the probability of landing on heads or tails would be 50/50 every time you flip regardless of how often it landed on one or the other, the odds of winning Player or Dealer bets is the same every time.
- That being said, realize that there are varying odds and payouts depending on the bet, the cards dealt and the outcome of the game. For a complete list of exact hand odds, print out a computerized version or use an online calculator to simulate the results.
- Get out while the going is good. Don’t get too greedy, or you may wind up blowing all your winnings on a bad hand. Once you’ve made a nice sum, retire for the night.
- Alternatively, if you’ve blown through your entire bankroll, do the smart thing and walk away. You can also opt to play the free mode mentioned above, but don’t start replenishing your bankroll on a losing streak.
- Know the terms and conditions. If you are working towards a bonus, for example, make sure that the online baccarat game you are playing will count towards those wager requirements. Otherwise, while you may be having fun, you will be in for a rude awaking when you go to collect on your bonus.
- Most of all, play to have fun. This way, you can never be disappointed by the outcome!
Mobile Baccarat Options
Searching for a mobile option to hit up your favourite baccarat table? Look no further than our reliable online casinos because they offer a mobile version that will keep you playing no matter where you find yourself and what time of day. Online casinos such as All Slots, Spin Palace and Royal Vegas will gladly service you with all the mobile baccarat you are looking for, and you can do it all from the convenience of your online account. Things just can’t get better than this.
Punto Banco, also referred to as American Baccarat at times, is the standard online baccarat. Baccarat Gold gives you even more variety in the betting field with eight hands being played simultaneously and seven types of wagers to make at all times. High limit baccarat is only slightly different, carrying different betting options.
The other baccarat variety that you can find online is mini baccarat. This pint-sized board is loaded up with some big league fun. Because the board is smaller the games go faster, and that means the fun just comes at you at a more rapid pace than ever before.
Of course, you can play the live dealer baccarat tables for a more all-inclusive experience. If you crave the thrill of the crowd and the hum of dealer, then hit up these online baccarat tables for a good dose of that Las Vegas action.
Once you’ve started to play baccarat online, you won’t be able to go back. This game is fast, fun and full of novelty, so visit one of the promoted online casinos for casino bonuses, surprises and the greatest baccarat game online right now.