In addition to the convenience factor, online casinos herald a major benefit over traditional betting clubs. Online casino bonuses blow land-based casinos clear out of the water. Because of lower overhead costs, virtual casinos offer greater incentives than their land-based counterparts. The promise of free spins, exclusive prizes and cold cash has got Canadians revved up to check out the latest casino bonuses available.
An online casino bonus holds great value to punters new and old. Newbies familiarize themselves with new games on a comfortable bonus-padded bankroll. Welcome bonuses are paramount to the online casino industry, and all of our recommended casinos excel at delivering massive welcome rewards.
Hold onto your hats because you’ll find the best online casino bonus Canada has ever seen waiting for you at one of our top rated casinos:
Welcome/Sign Up Bonuses
There are generally two conditions to meet before receiving your Welcome Bonus; play-through demands/wagering requirements and gaming percentages. Play-through demands are how many times you have to bet the bonus amount before you can withdraw it as cash. A $100 bonus with a 25x play-through demand needs $2500 of wagers before withdrawing.
The other important requirement to consider is the wager percentage that contributes towards clearing the bonus, since not all bets are created equal. Common practice is 100% for slots machines, while other games will vary across sites. All Slots, for example, excludes any wagers made at the following games towards your welcome bonus: Classic Blackjack, all Aces Video/Power Pokers, Jacks or Better Video/Power Pokers, all Roulettes, all Baccarats, all Craps, Red Dog and Sic Bo.
Alternatively, places like Vera&John are more accepting of which games will count towards the wager requirements, allowing all games to participate at least 15% of the wager.
BetFair allows you to choose the type of games you prefer to cash in on your sign up bonus. If you’re a fan of the live dealer games, use their 100% match up to £200 at the exciting Live Blackjack or Live Roulette tables. Like a variety? Play any of hundreds of games, and receive 200% back on up to £300.
Multi-level Welcome Bonuses
Frequently, the online casino bonus for new players will be a deposit match. That means, whatever amount you deposit initially will be doubled by the casino. There are usually restrictions to the amount you can deposit, how many deposits this will count for and how much the casino will match it to. Here’s an example:
All Slots has a four-tiered welcome bonus. The first and second deposits are matched entirely (100%) up to €/$250 deposit. The third and fourth deposit limits are higher, €/$500 and €/$600 respectively, but these are matched by 50%. Altogether, the All Slots welcome bonus is a generous €/$1600. Casino.com is even more hospitable, offering a 100% match of up to $/£400 per deposit spread across eight deposits with a 40x wager requirement to work through.
Still other casinos will cater to a range of audiences through different types of welcome bonuses. Winner, for example, has three separate sign up bonuses each geared towards different types of players: high rollers, mid-rollers and the rest of the online casino community. All three categories receive a comfortable welcome bonus and additional deposit bonuses for subsequent deposits, but the amounts vary depending on the level of participation.
Bonus Clearing Techniques
Receiving a bonus is one thing, being able to cash it out is another game altogether. Before you start playing, keep these tips in mind:
- Know your terms. Make sure you review the wager requirements, expiration times and gaming requirements before you get started. No sense opting into a live dealer bonus if you don’t play those games.
- Make larger deposits. If you wager the minimum amount, you lose out on what is essentially free money. The casino is willing to match your deposit, so earn the max that they’re offering. Note: Only deposit how much you will be able to play through or you risk losing out on the bonus altogether.
- Be consistent. Don’t bounce from one casino to the next or you will never reach your bonus requirements. Find your favourite games that are included in the promotion, and play through until you’ve satisfied the restrictions. Then you can claim your bonus and move around as much as you like.
Cashable vs Non-cashable Bonuses
Some bonuses are for in-house use only. In other words, these bonuses cannot be cashed out. Some casinos, like Vera&John make this very simple to understand by having separate counters for your cash balance and your bonus balance. Other places combine the two amounts, but when it comes time for withdrawals, will only allow you to take out the actual cash.
If you are a high roller, then you should go for the high stakes bonuses. Since you are a regular player, you’d be spending the minimum requirements anyway, and now you’ll be rewarded for your efforts as well. Canadians who play less frequently, however, are better off shooting for smaller, more manageable deposits and promotions. These won’t yield the same colossal payouts, but they’re within your reach and therefore, more likely to prove profitable at the end of the day.
Some casinos allow you to participate in the same promotions as they run on their desktop versions, while others will offer unique mobile bonuses. Roxy Palace, for example, throws an additional £25 onto the standard welcome bonus for mobile phone or tablet players.
BetWay and other sports betting-driven platforms offer even more incentives for their special sporting events through mobile and desktop versions. For example, sports bets with odds of 1.75 or higher count 500% towards the wager requirements! BetFair runs a fun promotion; guess who the next World Champions are and win freebies and more.
Bonuses, Bonuses & More Bonuses
Beyond the standard welcome bonus, online casinos like to shake things up a bit by throwing in random bonuses from time to time. Here are some of the phenomenal prizes that Canadian punters just like yourself are winning all the time:
- No deposit bonuses: This is a free lunch if ever we’ve seen one. See specific offers for exact rules and enjoy free spins, in-house casino credits and more.
- Slots bonuses: Love the slots? Join the club! Most punters are crazy about slots, and bonuses fuelled by this love are cropping up all over the place. Bet365 actually has a Slots Club that you can join to win great prizes and be part of promotions that are exclusively based on playing slots.
- Monthly Re-load bonuses: Each month, casinos will match your first deposit of the month for a bigger bankroll and greater wins.
- Refer a friend bonus: Spreading the love has never been more profitable. Tell your chum about the great times you’re having on Winner, for example, and receive $/£/€50 per friend.
- Preferred payment bonus: One type of online casino bonus Canada has probably never seen before is this bonus, which lets you earn points or gain prizes just for using the specified method of payment, PayPal for example at Spin Palace.
- Free spin bonuses: Enjoy some free spins for no charge at all. These bonuses, like the ones given on BetWay for example, will automatically be programmed into the specified slots machine when you load it up, so everything is ready for you to play when you get there.
- High roller / VIP bonuses: Sometimes the casinos like to reward their VIP’s with a little extra (that’s what being a VIP is all about!) Casino.com, for example, gives VIP’s an extra $/£/€500 on their monthly reload limit.
In addition to these, casinos are always coming up with fun and innovative ways to give stuff away, like Platinum Play’s 777- Play Another Day promotion that allows you to win bonus points, defuse bombs and crack secret codes! Never a dull moment when you are playing with the latest casino bonuses!
Online casino bonuses are the cherry that tops an already sweet sundae. Have fun playing at a wide variety of casinos that offer the biggest bonuses and the wildest prizes out there on this full casino reviews list.